Can’t wait to watch: The Great Gatsby
I can’t recall the last time I was so super excited about a movie. There are so many reasons why I want to see The Great Gatsby that I’m going to list them … in no particular order.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald’s is one of my top two favorite novels – Here are a few of my favorite lines from the book, which I will be looking for in the movie:
“And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.”
“Every one suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known.”
“Is this absolutely where you live, my dearest one?”
“But there was Jordon beside me, who, unlike Daisy, was too wise ever to carry well-forgotten dreams from age to age.”
“I shook hands with him; it seemed silly not to, for I felt suddenly as though I were talking to a child.”
- I have a writer crush on Frances – If you’ve read my bio, you know I also have a writer crush on F. Scott Fitzgerald. I don’t obsess too much these days, but there was a time when I was reading biographies about him and his wife Zelda, watching movies about his life, and I also happened to find an old copy his last, and unfinished novel, The Last Tycoon of it at my library. I love it because it had his notes about the unfinished chapters and the letter to his editor at the back of the book – so awesome.
- It is a Baz Luhrmann film – He directed the 1996’s adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. I don’t know how many times I’ve watched this movie. It is one of my all time favorites. It is unique and bright and brilliant.
- It stars Leonardo DiCaprio – who also starred in Romeo and Juliet and the reason I’ve been a fan of his ever since. I think he’s such an emotional actor, and I don’t think they could have found a better Gatsby.
- It is set in the 1920s – I love anything to do with the 1920s. One of the reasons I loved the novel was because of Fitzgerald’s account of the era. I love the fact that it was a contemporary novel when he wrote it; therefore it wasn’t from research but from experience.
- The costumes – From what I’ve watched on the trailer, they are going to be spectacular, which brings me to the last, but not least, reason I can’t wait to watch it …
- The trailer – If the trailer is any indication of how this entire movie will be, I know my eyes will be glued to the screen the entire time. So excited. And speaking of the trailer, here it is:
Filmography links and data courtesy of The Internet Movie Database.
- Posted in: Uncategorized